A Breast MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) utilizes strong magnets and radio waves to create highly detailed pictures of the inside of the breast.
What are the advantages of a breast MRI?
Breast MRI offers the highest sensitivity rate of all current breast imaging techniques for the detection of invasive and intraductal cancers. It is often considered one of the best ways to detect the disease in the earliest, and more treatable phase.
When should I have a breast MRI?
Breast MRI may be used when
- An additional type of screening for individuals with high risk of breast cancer
- Results from a diagnostic mammogram and/or ultrasound are unclear
- Evaluating breast implants
- To determine the extent of cancer in the breast tissue
- To assess types of breast cancer that are less easily detected by other breast imaging procedures.
- Follow-up after breast cancer treatment
At Canada Diagnostic Centres we offer Breast MRI exams in our newest and most advanced 3T MRI Suite.